Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lesson 9: Travel with your pack


Life is so much easier and fulfilling when you have your pack with you.  In watching my dogs play at the park, they're constantly keeping a close eye on each other; and when one has found something interesting to smell, the other always seems to know and heads over so they can share in the experience.  They don't have to spend all their time focusing on the other one, but they know they are there.

It reminds me how nice it is to have family and friends nearby.  We share each other's stories and enjoy each other's companies.  When I have something great to share, they want to hear.  When something has gone wrong, they are always there for comfort and support.  I love my time alone -- gives me time to think, do, create, contemplate.  But at the end of the day, it's nice to have someone to call, a hand to hold, someone to watch a movie with, or maybe even just a cold nose pressed against my cheek.
                     


No comments:

Post a Comment