Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lesson 8: Always make a good first impression


When we heard that Buddy was available for adoption, he was eight and a half weeks old.  He and his sister were the only ones left out of a litter of 12.  They were both so adorable as only puppies can be -- especially if they're Golden Retrievers.  They both looked great.  The final decision was going to depend on their personalities.

The female was very adventurous, but she was too busy exploring in her front yard to pay us much mind. Buddy, however, took one look at us and dropped whatever he was in the middle of and made a mad dash over to Joe.  Within a few minutes Joe and Bud had become inseparable, and I knew there wasn't going to be any way to tear them apart.  It was almost like Buddy was telling us, "Well, it took you long enough to get here!"

Eleven and a half years later Buddy still wiggles into our arms when we get home and lets us know how much we are loved.

Our first impression of Buddy made us fall in love with him immediately.  I have met people who are able to do that also; the first impression I get is of someone so loving and warm, you just want to spend time with them.  There are times I feel like I'm that person also; but there are times when I get so wrapped up in life that I forget to stop what I'm doing when I meet someone for the first time and let them know how good it is to meet them.  Tomorrow, when I go out, I'm going to take time from what I'm doing and wag my tail at someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment