Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lesson 6: Take naps

Life can be a constant push going from one activity to another.  Sometimes these activities are so rewarding, and sometimes you just want to get through it and on to the next item on the agenda.   But before you know it, you've worn yourself down until there doesn't seem to be any energy left.

I'm so envious of Buddy -- and most animals for that matter.  They seem to always find time for that mid-day nap; and when they do, they give it everything they've got.  There's such as relaxed feeling about them as they lay there; and I always know when Bud's dreaming because of that whimper he gives and the twitching of all his feet as though he'd found the most interesting cat to chase or the best ball to catch.  When he wakes up, he's always ready for the next activity.

I'm learning how refreshing a little cat nap -- so sorry for the expression -- can be in the midst of everything that I have going on, and my attitude is brighter when I take those few moments just for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment